Studying at Spanish World Institute
|9:00 - 10:00||Lesson 1||Module Test||Homework check Grammar review||Homework Check||Homework check Grammar review||Homework check Listening|
|10:00 - 11:00||Lesson 2||Speaking and vocabulary||Listening||Speaking and Vocabulary||Grammar and Speaking||Pronunciation|
|11:00 - 11:30||Break (30 minutes)|
|11:30 - 12:30||Lesson 3||Listening||Vocabulary||Speaking and Vocabulary||Speaking||Speaking|
|12:30 - 13:30||Lesson 4||Writing||Grammar and Speaking||Grammar||Writing and Vocabulary||Weekly review|
|13:30 - 14:30||Lunch Break|
|14:30 - 15:30||Lesson 5||Business Spanish||Exam Preparation||Colombian Cultura||Salsa Classes||Activity|
|15:30 - 16:30||Lesson 6||Business Spanish||Exam Preparation||Colombian Cultura||Salsa Classes||Activity|
|At Home||Homework||Vocabulary Grammar||Vocabulary||Follow up||Revision||Reading|
SWI provides an extensive program of leisure and cultural activities throughout the year. Activities are many and varied and, while some are free, a small additional payment is required for certain events.
This classes give you extra practice to help you to learn to use the new grammar and vocabulary you have gained. Your Teacher will provide error correction to help you meet your learning goals.
In class you will concentrate on practice tests-taking techniques, exam strategy for the independent and integrated tasks in the reading, writing, speaking, and listening parts of the exam
Each week the teachers will discuss your needs and progress so that the weekly plan is tailored to your requirements and achive your aims.
- Spanish Standard Course (15 hours per week / Only afternoon): Spanish Courses as a second Language are taught only in the afternoon for 3 hours, for a total of 15 hours per week.
- Spanish Semi-intensive Course (20 hours per week): The daily schedule consists of 4 hours of class in the mornings, with a brief break in the middle of each session, for a total of 20 hours of class time each week.
- Spanish Intensive Course (30 hours per week): It also consists of 4 hours of Spanish instructions in the morning, plus 2 hours in the afternoon, in which the students have the possibility to study different electives such as Spanish for business, Colombian culture, DELE preparation, for a total of 30 hours per week including the activity of Friday’s afternoon.
- Flexible and homogeneous Spanish language courses.
- Spanish Courses designed according to the students linguistic needs.
- Our Spanish Language School in Colombia follows the values of "Instituto Cervantes".
- We offer 4 levels of teaching Spanish: beginners, elementary, intermediate and advanced plus DELE exam preparation.
- Spanish Language teaching methods according to the student’s profile.
- Use of the latest academic tools such as software and new methodologies.
Timetable and Schedule
- Spanish courses as a second language in Colombia will start every Monday. If there is a Colombian bank holiday it will start on Tuesday.
- Students can take and learn Spanish lessons for as little as one week up to an indefinite period of time.
- Spanish Standard courses class schedule 9am – 13:30pm.
- Spanish Intensive courses class schedule 9am – 16:30 pm.
Our Spanish lessons include:
- Test on the first day.
- Time exercise.
- Lessons targeting areas of grammar.
- Revisions of skills (writing, speaking, listening, vocabulary, idioms and slangs).
- Cultural Activities.
Our Spanish language programs are carefully structured; classes will include the functions of Spanish grammar, Spanish reading, Spanish oral comprehension, Spanish written and listening exercises, as well as cultural activities. Some Spanish classes will discuss various aspects of Colombian and Latin American culture and society; students learn the language in the context of our culture.
Sometimes tuition can be one-to-one (one teacher, one student) due to the amount of students enrolled. This way gives students the full attention of the teacher and allows SWI to tailor the classes to fit student needs.
Spanish World Institute will prefer not to use rigid grammatical teaching methods. Therefore we will not use a single core book. The Spanish language school designs its proper academic material for the classes. These Spanish learning materials are carefully prepared to meet the student´s needs and are revised regularly. Teaches will also use CDs for listening exercises, as well as videos and many other playful material (games, magazines, and newspapers).
Tests and exams:
Students will also take progress tests throughout the course (usually weekly). These help us to see if they are ready to continue to new levels.
In addition they will take an Spanish exam at the end of each Spanish level to check if they are ready to move up to the next level.
On completion of the course at with at least a 90% attendance record, students will receive a Spanish certificate course from Spanish World Institute. This will outline the number of hours studied and standard attained.
General Spanish courses in Colombia
The General Spanish courses in Bogota and in Cartagena concentrate on improving every aspect of the Spanish language. This course is focused on developing the communicative skills: listening, Spoken interaction and production, writing, grammar, vocabulary, reading and pronunciation.
Our Spanish learning program follows a syllabus which ensures steady progress. There is a test every Friday to give you the opportunity to check your knowledge; on this course you are given homework every day.
The levels of the classes range from complete beginner (A1) to proficiency (C2).
The Spanish Courses in Bogota and in Cartagena are offered from beginners to advance. These Spanish classes are taught according to the students requirements.
Our one-to-one courses can help you with any area of the Spanish languagethat you would like to improve.
Our one-to-one Spanish lessons provide you with an individual Spanish course in Bogota or in Cartagena which responds to your unique Spanish language needs. The course includes a complete needs analysis and a program of work, agreed on by the teacher and the student and a specialized individual study plan will be prepared.
This specific Spanish course is aimed to prepare those students interested in taking the D.E.L.E. exam in any of its three levels. This course is focused on general Spanish classes in the mornings and D.E.L.E. preparation in the afternoon.
In class you will concentrate on practice tests-taking techniques, exam strategy for the independent and integrated tasks in the following parts of the exam:
On this course you will study general Spanish for 20 hours per week and D.E.L.E. for 10 hours per week.
Business Spanish in Bogota
This spanish course is ideal for people who study business or work in a job that requires a good level of Spanish.
This is an intensive spanish course (BS30) which can be taught in group or private, depending on the number of students enrolled. In the morning the students develop general skills, while in the afternoon they focus on Spanish for business.
The course develops negotiation workshops, case studies and role plays in marketing, finances, and general management. This spanish programaims to develop those communicative skills needed in the business world.
In your Business Spanish class, you will study:
- Vocabulary for key Business topics, for example, marketing, negotiating, presenting, advertising, finance
- Speaking & listening skills, for example, telephoning, meetings, interviews
- Reading & Writing skills, for example, emailing, reports, articles
We recommend this course for students who are upper-intermediate - advanced (B2 - C1). However, some intermediate (B1) level students who are used to using some Spanish in their workplace often benefit greatly from this class.
Spanish + Colombia Cultura
Morning classes concentrate on improving Spanish language by working on the skills Speaking, Writing, Listening or Grammar focusing in the classroom on using language in real situations and in the afternoon the classes are focused on the Colombian customs and culture.
General Spanish + Salsa Lessons
This course is based on general Spanish in the morning and salsa lessons in the afternoon. The salsa dance classes Syllabus is very carefully constructed to give you a complete learning tool of different steps and its variations.
Spanish plus Activities in Colombia
This is a tailored course where students take Spanish classes in the mornings and have visits and excursions to touristic places in the afternoons and weekends. These trips are organized according to the student’s interests and requests. Prices of the visits and excursions are additional to the course prices.