- How do I apply for Spanish courses?
- Do I need a visa for Colombia?
- When do I need to pay for the Spanish course?
- Can I make an alteration of my booking?
- Do I get reimburse if I have to cancel the Spanish course?
- Will someone meet me on arrival?
- Will my teachers speak English?
- What if I do not speak a word of the language now?
- How will I get around when I arrive?
- When do Spanish courses begin?
- Will my level be tested?
- Who will be my teacher?
- How can I benefit the most from my learning experience?
How do I apply for Spanish courses?
Simply fill out the application form and submit and we will contact you within 24 hours (usually much sooner) with information on course availability, how to pay, and other important information. The enrollment process takes no longer than 24 hours.
Do I need a visa for Colombia?
Once you have applied for a Spanish course, we will contact you within 24 hours to inform you of your application status and other information including visa requirements according your nationality.
Students who plan to study for more than six months must apply for a student visa in the nearest Colombian Embassy, and provide the following documents:
- Visa application form
- Valid passport and a photocopy of it.
- Acceptance letter issued by SWI confirming course length, starting date and number of hours per week.
- Authenticated Photocopy of SWI constitution document.
- Documents of evidence of Economic support to cover the student studies and maintenance in Colombia.
- Accommodation details.
- Copy of the return ticket.
When do I need to pay for the Spanish course?
Once we have received your application form, we will process and send you invoice for payment, it must be done before course begins and bank fees must be paid by the participant then you will receive confirmation of it, all payment information will be communicated in your confirmation letter.
Can I make an alteration of my booking?
We shall be happy to comply with your wishes for changes in your arrangements in respect of dates, accommodation, etc., as far as possible, up to 2 weeks before the start date of your program. Any change less than 2 weeks of the starting date will cost US$50
Do I get reimburse if I have to cancel the Spanish course?
If you wish to cancel your booking, you must do so in writing. A cancellation becomes effective upon receipt by SWI of written or wired notification. If you cancel no later than 4 weeks before the course begins, we retain only the registration fee. If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the course begins, we reimburse you 80% of the course and lodging costs. No refund is possible in the event of cancellation one week or less prior to the start of the course, or after the start of the course, of non-arrival of participants. Please remember that the banks retain a fee for their services.
In case of visa refusal SWI only retains the registration fee.
Will someone meet me on arrival?
Our school offers an airport pick up, you will be taken to your accommodation, you will be provided with a welcome pack notifying you of important information to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Please note that should you require a pick up, an additional cost usually applies.
Will my teachers speak English?
Our teachers speak English, which can at times be beneficial, but this is certainly not necessary as it is better for you to spend the majority of your time speaking, practicing and listening Spanish.
What if I do not speak a word of the language now?
Our school is very experienced with teaching “absolute beginners” and offer courses designed specifically for you. You may feel somewhat more disoriented upon arrival in your chosen country for a time than someone who has a basic knowledge of the language, but this will change quickly thanks to our teaching methods, courses and teachers.
How will I get around when I arrive?
Our schools and accommodation options have excellent access to public transportation or are within easy walking distance of each. We will provide you a city map and give some websites for checking.
When do Spanish courses begin?
On a Monday begin the courses and we encourage you to join at that day, especially if you are an absolute beginner. We will let you join at any time if you are booking a course of individual instruction.
Will my level be tested?
Yes, we ask the students to answer the Spanish test that is on our website by doing this, you will be assured of being assigned to a class that is appropriate for you and oral evaluation and is done on the first day of classes.
Who will be my teacher?
We select trained native speaking professionals with qualifications and experience in teaching the language as second language. They are also chosen for their ability to relate well with the students and deliver the material in a fun, efficient and productive manner. You can rest assured that you will be matched with a professional, congenial and effective teacher.
How can I benefit the most from my learning experience?
There are some important practices you need to become familiar with on a daily basis to gain the most from your Spanish studies.
- Speaking: Use the language as often as possible. This could be in a shop, restaurant, asking for directions. It could be in class, with a home stay family, at a hotel. Anywhere and everywhere is the key.
- Listening: Research the way people pronounce and use the language naturally. You will notice accents and pronunciation, sentence structure; you will build your vocabulary.
- Reading: Try to read newspapers articles, some short stories in Spanish, children stories etc.
- Writing: Make short essays of 200 in different topics, cultural activities and other interesting issues that you may like.